Tuesday 13 May 2008

Hello from The Beatcomber

it's another Beatle based blog...oh no!!...ok...let's lay out a line on this...I am a Beatles fan and I have been for a long time.
So why this blog?
Well, I would simply like to occasionaly share my views on the best band in the world with other like minded souls - simple as that. I've been a collector, I've been to the Conventions, and damn it I've even played the songs live on stage! I'm very aware of the Beatle "scene" (man!) and what people want ...mainly because it's probably the same as myself...you know the score, let's trot out the usual suspects then...a DVD of Let it Be would be nice, a remastered back catalogue blah blah...look you've heard it all before, so I'll probably steer clear of all that sort of tosh. Those products will come out when they (the Apple-ites that is) are happy with the TERMS of sale, what's in it for them and obviously walk that fine line between keeping bottom line healthy and giving the people what they want. In other words, we'll get what we want when they are ready and we'll just have to like it or lump it. In saying that though, there hasn't been much in the way of headline grabbing releases though eh? Although that might change fairly dramatically with the change of head honcho's at the Apple HQ...one thing I've heard recently alarmed me greatly - please god no beatles tunes in adverts of any description..never ever....as the band themselves have said, those tunes weren't written to sell daipers or anything else! Those are great works of art in their own write and in my humble opinion, would be the beginning of the end of their status as the greatest pop songs yet written. Any suggestion of going down that route surely, belongs in a daiper and that's the bottom line! (ooer...sorry for that last one)
it's a blog in folks

No comments: